Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Call me a Beggar

Call me a beggar, but mister could you spare me some time?
I want to hold my babies and read them sweet nursery rhymes.
I want to swing them on the porch and listen to the soft wind chimes.
Just to tell them I love them again, I'd trade you my very last dime.

Please! Please! My precious little boy has not yet turned two.
He needs me to clothe him, feed him, and tie his little shoes.
He needs me to teach him colors, and shapes, and his ABC's too.
Please! Please! What must I say to receive mercy from you?

My baby girl just turned eight, and is a big girl, I know.
But who else can give her all the love that I show?
When she's sick or when she's hurting, to whom will she go?
Tell me, where will she turn when life pulls her to and fro?

Please! My parents, they need me. I am their only daughter.
Don't you know how this will crush them? My sweet mother, my dear father.
All those spankings, scoldings, and groundings really were no bother,
For my life without my parents would've been like an ocean with no water.

I wish I could tell my kid brother how much he means to me,
And how he has changed my life everyday since I was three.
I wish now we were kids again, skipping rocks and climbing trees.
I'd love to go back to fighting over the seat on daddy's knee.

Won't you change your mind? Give me another chance?
I want so badly to live my life, please don't take it with no second glance.
Think of all my loved ones, all my cousins, uncles and aunts.
Is there anything I can say to unlock your murderous trance?

My family will fight for me, you are building your own tomb.
They will fervently seek justice, I swear you will be doomed.
The things you've done to me are only earthly wounds,
Just know that I will forever walk with my Heavenly Father soon.

You've seen the inner workings of this heart of mine,
So, now mister tell me, could you please just spare me some time?

No comments:

Post a Comment